Thursday, September 18, 2008

Still Stunned

I still can't believe I have one. I'm so stunned and surprised to have it that I can't stop playing with it. I touch it. I rub it. I get turned on by it.

No. I'm not talking about my dick; though I touch, rub and get turned on by having a cock practically every day.

I'm talking about my book. Here it is one week after putting it all together and I have 2, count 'em TWO sales! And one of them was the proof that I purchased myself to see the finished product.

So what? I can hear you say. Yeah. So what. No big deal really. And it isn't, truly. At least, not in the scheme of things. It's not like it's going to be a Stephen King bestseller. There won't be any midnight sales for me the way there were for J.K. Rowling. And no one's going to come after me offering me money to make the movie version of one of my stories.

And yet, I'm so pleased. So very proud. You see, this is the first time I've actually finished a project. And that, for me, is a big deal. A TRULY big deal. I started something. I stuck through it. I saw it through to the end. And now I'm looking for ways to continue to promote and push it out there.

I even sprang for the $100 to buy my very own ISBN!!! That means that very soon my book will be available for purchase on Amazon, as well as from your local Barnes & Noble, Borders, or whatever Mom & Pop Shop you buy your books from.

I may not have climbed Mount Everest or flown to Paris and gone to the top of the Eiffel Tower but, I finished SOMETHING!

And that makes me feel good.

Remember, if you want to buy a copy of my book, "A Stroke At Midnight" just click on the button to the left of this blog. And be sure to review it!

And now for my next trick . . . more writing coming soon, video edits continued and the fun just never stops.

As always, thanks for reading.

1 comment:

WDavid said...

My copy did not arrive in time to take it with me on my weekend hiking and hot springs vacation. :-( but I am eagerly awaiting its arrival in time for next weekend's balloon rally adventure.